Welcome, reader!


Check out "The Hub" for weekly reviews, trailers, challenges, and discussion topics. Leave positive comments that would be helpful to other readers!


Like a particular genre? Check out just those books using the menu at the top of this page! Like a particular author? Well, click on ONE book by that author in the genre page and see others like it!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Read Across America



You are never too young for read alouds and picture books! Dr. Seuss is one of my favorites! If you have a younger sibling, take him or her to Target today for the read aloud of The Lorax, which is being made into a movie. I just love the way Dr. Seuss' words come to life and dance when read out loud! Reading and the love of it should be shared; read to your siblings whenever you can. I remember when I was very little, all I would talk about was "someday when I can read" and how I would read to my sister. Years later, even when my sister could read for herself, we would sit in her room on long summer days and I would read her Mary Kate and Ashley books. Does anyone have a special read aloud memory? It can be either a time when you connected with someone by reading to them or by being read to by them. Share it here! Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I LOVED these books!
    Well, many teens think "I am NOT seeing that, its a kids movie, and book!!!" but, really it is a reader for all ages. I have seen the movie and read the book. They both remind me of days when i were 2 and my mom was reading to me. Everyone says that a book is so much better then the movie but, in my opinion, they are EXACTLY the same...The character voices really fit what i expected as them. Let me just say THE MOVIE and BOOK WHERE AMAZING. But, if you are seeing the movie, See it will some friends or your family. If you do, You will have a blast, i guarantee!

    ReplyDelete